Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Unix / Wintel / Oracle Infrastructure Specialist
Traffic Operating Services (Saudi Arabia) LLC
• Maintain, support and manage data centre infrastructure in a 24/7 high availability environment.
• Maintain central and remote server environments including Solaris, Microsoft, UNIX, Linux and ESX.
• Install and upgrade Solaris operating systems.
• Maintain storage area networks including the administering, maintaining and reporting.
• Perform system and security hardening.
• Maintain and develop system documentation as required or as directed by the IT manager.
• Perform system installation, upgrade, configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting services.
• Conduct infrastructure workshops.
• Work closely with the IT manager in order to execute projects.
• Provide detailed reports when required.
• Maintain the backup, archival and restoration solutions.
• Maintain the ESX virtual infrastructure in a high availability 24/7 environment.
• Maintain and manage server, storage and archival infrastructure.
• Define and implement SOE in the corporate and data centre infrastructure.
• Maintain and implement business and data centre continuity solution in a 24/7 operational environment.
• Maintain SLA’s as required.
• Provide server scripting and other scripting as required.
• Provide thorough performance optimization and monitoring on all Data Centre infrastructure.
• Maintain the disaster recovery documentation and update when required.
• Maintain policy management, patch management, vulnerability management, ITIL and incident management activities.
• Other duties as directed by the IT manager.
• At least 5 years working in a high demand, service-oriented environment.
• At least 3 years Solaris experience, administrating and troubleshooting complex environments.
• Working knowledge of Solaris containers, zones, and jumpstart deployment.
• Experience with Oracle preferably 11g.
• At least 3 years experience in 1 or more preferred: VMware ESX 4 or 5, HP EVA SAN or SAN storage technology, HP server hardware and management tools.
• At least 4 years experience in documenting and reporting technical information clearly and concisely.
• At least 4 years working in a Data Centre environment.
• MCSE certification.
• Understanding and work experience of server, storage and virtualization - Intel, Sun, ESX, HP EVA storage, HP tape library devices and HP servers.
• Candidate must be an effective communicator, driven, self-motivated and a strong team player.
• Must be able to learn quickly and adapt to new solutions / programs / ideas.
Candidate would be looked on favorably with the following:
• Solaris certification highly regarded.
• HP SAN storage certification.
• VMWare ESX certification.
• CCNP or CCNA.
• ITIL foundation certification.
• SQL or Oracle certification.
Traffic Operating Services (Saudi Arabia) LLC is a new company being formed by Redflex one of the world's leading traffic enforcement multinationals, to deliver part of the SAHER traffic safety program in Saudi Arabia's Eastern Province.
Based in Al Khobar/Dammam, Traffic Operating Services will provide speed camera and red-light camera ticket processing facilities and services with its local Saudi partner to the Ministry of Interior. World leading traffic enforcement camera systems and enterprise infringement processing back-office system are being deployed.
Many opportunities for dynamic and enthusiastic applicants to become part of this exciting and innovative venture.
- Job Location: Khobar, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry: Law Enforcement/Security Services; Information Technology
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Technology/IT
- Joining Date: 2012-08-18
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Manages Others: No
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 5
- Residence Location: Saudi Arabia
- Gender: Male
- Degree: Bachelor's degree / higher diploma